The Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) announced the elected members of the 2022-2023 IEA National Youth Board. The Youth Board was created by the IEA’s Education Committee in 2016 and is governed by Adult Advisors, Sue Wentzel (IEA National Steward), Montana McKnight (Marketing & Digital Communications Coordinator) and Hannah Bentz (Alumni Member).
The IEA Youth Board is structured with one student representative from each of the 11 Hunt Seat Zones, four representatives from among the nine Western Regions, and three representatives from among the twelve Dressage Regions.
Each of the following representatives submitted their application for candidacy with a resume, photo, and letter of recommendation. After verifying each application, an election was held in each zone and the members of that zone elected their representative. These riders will serve from August 2022 through July 2023 in their appointed positions.
“The IEA Youth Board is invaluable to our organization,” stated IEA Co-Founder and Executive Director Roxane Durant. “This program gives adult IEA members and leadership an avenue to hear the youth voice and to offer an opportunity for mentorship, volunteerism, and leadership growth to IEA youth members. It was such a treat having them all together for last year’s combined National Finals and we look forward to another great season of Youth Board activities and innovative ideas.”
The 2022-2023 IEA Youth Board Representatives are as follows:
- ZONE 1 – CAMERON ANDRUSKIEWICZ, a Freshman who rides on the Hiddenbrook Stables Team in Lebanon, CT.
- ZONE 2 – MAYA McQUEENEY, a Sophomore who rides on the Empire State Equestrian Team in Lagrangeville, NY.
- ZONE 3 – KELSEY BARKER, a Senior who rides on the Hazelwild Farm Team in Fredericksburg, VA.
- ZONE 4 – BAILEY WHEELER, a Senior who rides on the Ravenwood Farm Team in Palm Harbor, FL.
- ZONE 5 – RACHEL McCANN, a Junior who rides on the Double J Riding Club Team in Countryside, IL.
- ZONE 6 – No representative at this time.
- ZONE 7 – CHARLOTTE ODOM, a Sophomore who rides on the Needville Equestrian Team in Needville, TX.
- ZONE 8 – GABRIELLA ROJAS, a Junior who rides on the Front Range Equestrian Team in Parker, CO.
- ZONE 9 – RUBY STEGEMAN, a Senior who rides on the Sharkey Farm Team in Snoqualmie, WA.
- ZONE 10 – MEGAN FARRENKOPF, a Junior who rides on the KZ Equestrian Team in Exeter, CA.
- ZONE 11 – JACQUELINE CHALIFOUX, a Senior who rides on the Candy Lane Acres Team in Sewickley, PA.
- MCKINNEY ATKINSON, a Junior who rides on the Flamekissed Equestrian Team in Portal, GA.
- LYNDSEY HOSKINSON, a Senior who rides on the Marciak/Caustelot Equestrian Team in McDonald, PA.
- REEGHAN MORAWIEC, a Junior who rides on the Nashoba Valley Sliders Team in Pepperell, MA.
- AUBREE WHANGER, a Junior from Dublin, OH.
- ELLA GARY, a Sophomore who rides on the Creidmount Saddle Club Team in Bellingham, WA.
- CARSON SCHULTZ-FINKLER, a Junior who rides on the Kokomo Equestrian Team in Kokomo, IN.
- GEORGIA VIGO, a Junior who rides on the Las Vegas Blue Ribbon Youth Equestrian Team A in Las Vegas, NV.
ABOUT INTERSCHOLASTIC EQUESTRIAN ASSOCIATION (IEA)
Now in its 21st year, the IEA has over 14,200 members across the United States participating in Hunt Seat, Western and Dressage disciplines. IEA’s mission is to promote lifelong involvement in equestrian athletics. IEA wishes to introduce students in grades 4-8 (Future) and 9-12 (Upper School) to equestrian sports and to develop understanding and appreciation of equestrian sports through organized competitions and educational opportunities. IEA further wishes to inspire and facilitate adults to continue their journey in equestrian athletics for a lifetime. For more information, visit www.rideiea.org
Director of Marketing & Communications
509 S. Otterbein Ave, Suite 9, Westerville, OH 43081
Kimber@rideiea.org | 614.542.9415
Images available on request