2014 AHP Annual Awards Contest (for material
published in and dated 2013)
Entries for the 2014 AHP Awards Contest are closed. Finalists will be announced by April 30, 2014
Good Luck to all of this year's contestants!
Award Contest Rules [pdf]
Member Entry Forms
Click on the appropriate entry form for your membership category
2014 Membership is Required
In order to enter the 2014 Awards Contest, you must have paid your annual membership dues for 2014 by the submission date. Renewal notices have been mailed. If you did not receive your renewal notice or have misplaced it, please contact Chris at (386) 760-7743 or email@example.com.
Shipping Address and Contact Information
Christine W. Brune
AHP Awards Contest
49 Spinnaker Circle
South Daytona, FL 32119
Contact: Chris Brune
Phone: 386-760-7743 or 386-788-6291
Winners will be announced at the Awards
Banquet & Presentations on June 21, 2014
at the AHP "Gallop n' Grits" Seminar
in Charleston, South Carolina.
What’s new for 2014?
Online Editorial Content Changes
- The Online Service to the Reader Single Article class has been renamed the Online User-Focused Single Article class to better describe the type of editorial content being written for the online audience.
- Online Equine-related Multimedia classes have been moved to the Digital Media division instead of Editorial Content. Online Equine-related Multimedia Editorial Event Coverage must include text and at least two of the following: graphics, video, audio and photography that create a multimedia coverage for single equine event. Online Equine-related Editorial Multimedia is now described as: a collection of multimedia that has a sense of continuity of same subject identifying it as the collection. All parts of this collection has to be dated 2013 and published on a digital member website or digital edition. Entry must include a collection of multimedia formats including text and two or more of the following photography, audio, video, podcasts or broadcasts.
Bundling URLs and Archiving
- Members are requested to do three things before submitting online entries:
1. Archive entries on your site at a permanent URL that will not change. Many content management systems already do this, so no extra work will be required in those situations.
2. Online entries with multiple links must be submitted as one permanent link (one page cataloguing all the components of the entry). If you do not normally archive online content in this manner, discuss this with your webmaster or IT department to create such a catalog page.
3. Make sure the date of publication is included in the linked content (for entry date verification).
- Several changes were made to the Online Equine-related Blog class. Digital Media and Corporate member blog entries are still required to be published on an AHP member website, however Individual and Student members are allowed to enter their blogs published on either an AHP Digital Media member or non-member website. This change allows freelancers and students to enter with blogs published on sites such Blogspot or Word Press.
- Blog entries will also be required to submit only one URL address that links directly to the archive of the blog posts for 2013.
- Judging a blog is different from judging editorial content. Blogs will be judged on writing, engagement with readers, user-friendliness, originality, personality, visual aesthetics, archiving, variety of subject, and evidence of social media promotion.
Past Awards PowerPoint Presentations
Past Awards Programs
Download PDF files of
printed awards programs
[2013 Program] or online as e-publication via Publishers Press
[2012 Program] or online as e-publication via Publisher's Press
[2011 Program] or online as e-publication via Publisher's Press
[2010 Program] [ 2009 Program | 2008 Program | 2007 Program | 2006 Program | 2005
Program | 2004 Program | 2003
Program | 2002 Program ]