Brooke USA Foundation (Brooke USA) – a non-profit, Board-led organization, dedicated to alleviating the suffering of working equines and the people they serve in the developing world – announces the appointment of three new members to its Board of Directors. The elected members are all esteemed leaders with a passion for improving the health, welfare and productivity of working horses, donkeys, and mules, and have been selected to serve alongside an already impressive list of national equestrian and business influencers who guide Brooke USA’s success.
New Board members, include:
- Pernilla Ammann born and raised in Sweden, practiced corporate law in Stockholm prior to moving to the United States, where she opened and oversaw the New York office of a multinational advertising firm. Pernilla moved to Detroit with her family where she served on the Board of the Michigan Opera Theatre. Having recently relocated to Wellington, FL. Pernilla is a dressage rider as well as a supporter of her show jumping daughters.
- Jennifer Schechter also resides in Wellington, FL. Horses have always been a part of Jennifer’s life, especially as she travelled scouting for their purchase throughout Europe and showed and competed internationally. Recently married, in her free time, Jennifer is an accomplished show jumper.
- Stuart Winston lives in Newport Beach, CA. He serves as the Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President of Retail for Lugano Diamonds which has developed a large presence in the equestrian world and proudly sponsors many events throughout the country. Stuart joined Lugano Diamonds in 2007 and has played an integral part in creating and shaping the brand and client experience.
Brooke USA’s Board of Directors is currently led by Chair Katherine Kaneb, who noted about the recent Board appointments that, “reaching all those with a passion for the equestrian sport across the country remains a priority for this nonprofit, as we work together to expand geographically, reach more supporters and grow Brooke USA for the benefit of people and animals in need.”
“All three of our newest Board members embody the spirit of Brooke USA and bring talent, expertise and energy to the table,” stated Emily Dulin, Chief Executive Officer. “We are very fortunate to have them by our side as we continue to increase brand recognition and build a strong foundation of donors and friends throughout the country.”
Brooke USA’s 2021 Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Katherine Kaneb; Board Chair; FL
- John Nicholson; Immediate Past Chair; VA
- Jim Wolf; Vice Chair; NJ
- Mark Beausoleil; Treasurer, FL
- Laura Rombauer; Secretary; CA
- David Jones, Chair Emeritus; NC
- Pernilla Ammann, FL
- Lisa Bair, FL
- Tami Fratis, FL
- Barbara Gilbert, FL
- Dwayne Hildreth, TX
- Jane Holderness-Roddam, UK
- Gill Johnston, TN
- Jennifer Schechter, FL
- Julia Wilson, DVM, MN
- Stuart Winston, CA
About Brooke USA Foundation (Brooke USA): The mission of Brooke USA is to significantly improve the health, welfare and productivity of working horses, donkeys and mules and the people who depend on them for survival worldwide. We are committed to sustainable economic development by reducing poverty, increasing food security, ensuring access to water, providing a means to education, and raising basic standards of living through improved equine health and welfare. We accomplish this by raising funds and responsibly directing them to the areas of greatest need.
Brooke USA strives to alleviate the suffering and vulnerability of developing communities by funding and implementing programs that improve the quality of life and health of working equines and thereby positively impacting their economic sustainability, protecting the planet, ensuring gender equality, and guaranteeing life on land resilience. We want to see healthy, happy people and equines that work in partnership to achieve sustainable local economies.
Note to the Editor: Full bios and photos of Brooke USA’s new Board of Directors are available upon request. Please contact CEO Emily Dulin at Emily.Dulin@BrookeUSA.org.
For more information, contact: