The Symposium’s focus on Equine Reproduction will feature exhibits and presentations by renowned equine practitioners on diagnosis and treatments
Hagyard Equine Medical Institute announced that there are still spots available to attend their 23rd annual Bluegrass Equine Symposium, October 28th and 29th at the Marriott City Center in Lexington, Kentucky. This year’s symposium will focus on Equine Reproduction and will feature the following presentations:
Thursday, October 28, 2021
- “Practical Reproductive Anatomy”- Dr. Sara Lyle
- “Microbiome of the Reproductive Tract” – Dr. Jenny Sones and Ms. Kalie Beckers
- “Endometritis Diagnostics With a Goal of Judicious Antimicrobial Use” – Dr. Kristina Lu
- “Biofilm” – Dr. Sara Lyle
- “Antibiogram Resistance Patterns in Local Flora” – Dr. Erdal Erol
- “Treatment of Endometritis from a One World One Health Perspective” – Dr. Ryan Ferris
- “What Computational Biology Has Revealed About Pregnancy in the Mare” – Dr. Barry Ball
- “Management of Placentitis from a One World One Health Perspective” – Dr. Sara Lyle
- “Interpreting Computer Assisted Sperm Analysis Output for Semen Processing” – Dr. Paul Loomis
- “Antibiotics in Semen Extenders and Bacterial Load in Cooled Shipped Semen” – Dr. Paul Loomis
Friday, October 29, 2021
- “Reproductive Tract Infections in Stallions and Interpretation of Routine Stallion Cultures” – Dr. Camilo Hernandez-Aviles
- “Realistic Expectations for ART in Practice- Dr. Kristen Loncar
- “Post Mortem Gamete Recovery” – Dr. Karen Von Dollen
- “How and When to Use Sperm Filters, Centrifugation and New Technology for Semen Processing” – Dr. Camilo Hernandez-Aviles
- “Management of Twins” – Dr. Karen Wolfsdorf
- “Managing Abnormal Estrous Cycles” – Dr. Ryan Ferris
- “Endometrial Cups” – Dr. Karen Wolfsdorf
- “Biosecurity for the Reproductive Veterinarian” – Dr. Nimet Browne
Hagyard has hosted the annual Symposium since 1998 to give veterinarians, residents, interns, and student from near and far a chance to share ideas, research and contacts. The goal is to promote the continuous improvement in quality care for horses across all segments of the equine industry.
“This year marks Hagyard’s 145th anniversary, and we think events like the Hagyard Bluegrass Equine Symposium are a big part of our history,” said Karen Wolfsdorf, DVM DACT at Hagyard. “We have always tried to bring the industry’s best minds together to share insights, challenges, new concepts, treatments – anything that can help us improve the quality of life for the magnificent animals we care for.”
Hagyard also announced a special offer for attendees who register before October 15th. Those who register before that date will be entered into raffle to win one of the following prizes:
- Two tickets to Keeneland Clubhouse for Fayette Stakes Day on Oct. 30th
- A gift basket of Resolvet equine products, including a range of products that support gastric health, joint health, electrolyte replenishment, skin care, hoof care and more
- FREE registration to the 2022 Bluegrass Equine Symposium
Early registrants will also be able to take advantage of special hotel rates.
Additional information about the Symposium can be found at www.hagyard.com/newsroom/bluegrass-symposium.
About Hagyard Equine Medical Institute: With more than 50 veterinarians and 144 years behind it, Hagyard Equine Medical Institute is the oldest and one of the largest private equine veterinary practices in the world. Based in Lexington, Kentucky, the facility, located across the street from the Kentucky Horse Park, boasts superior ambulatory services, the world-renowned Davidson Surgery Center, McGee Medicine and Fertility Centers, Hagyard Laboratory, Hagyard Sports Medicine & Podiatry Center, and hyperbaric medicine facilities. For more information, visit hagyard.com.
About Hagyard Pharmacy: Hagyard Pharmacy is a full-service equine pharmacy located in Lexington, Kentucky. It is affiliated with the Hagyard Equine Medical Institute and its 140+ years of equine veterinary experience, making it the number one name in equine health. This affiliation gives Hagyard Pharmacy a unique perspective in providing compounds, over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, and supplements to the equine industry. This has led to the development of innovative products, such as the Resolvet line products that is inspired and developed by pharmacists to address specific needs for equine supplements and performance aids. The Resolvet line includes Relyne GI for gastric support, Reflex HA for joint support, Revyve digestive support, Relyte HA electrolyte paste, Relieve intestinal adsorbent, Repair hoof oil, and Resolve antimicrobial spray. For more information, visit hagyardpharmacy.com and resolvet.com .
Lindsay O’Hara, Marketing Communications Specialist
Hagyard Equine Medical Institute