The David Snyder family and International Sound Corporation are pleased to announce the continuation of scholarship funding for students with involvement in harness racing. The Harold and Marcia Memorial Scholarship (formerly known as the HTA scholarships) will now be administered by the Harness Horse Youth Foundation beginning in 2022.
“HHYF is a great fit since they already have existing scholarships and an ongoing commitment to racing’s future. We are happy to find a suitable home” expressed David. “The scholarship is our way of honoring my parents and giving something back to the harness racing industry. I think Stan (Bergstein) would be pleased as well.”
Eligibility requirements for the Harold and Marcia Snyder Memorial Scholarship include:
- Applicant must be personally involved in the harness racing industry or have a relative involved.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant may or may not be pursuing a career in the harness racing industry.
- Applicant must be at least a high school senior.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Applicant must be (plan to be) enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 credit hours).
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible.
In addition to the Snyder Memorial, HHYF also offers the Curt Greene Memorial and the Sweet Karen scholarships. All applications may be accessed through this link: https://hhyf.org/scholarships/
Potential applicants should also note that the deadline for each of the HHYF scholarships is June 1, 2022.
For further information about the new or existing HHYF scholarships , please contact the HHYF office. email@example.com or 317.908.0029
The Harness Horse Youth Foundation is a charitable 501(c)3 organization dedicated to providing young people and their families educational opportunities with harness horses in order to foster the next generation of participants and fans. The Foundation has been making a difference in young people’s lives since 1976; its programs include interactive learning experiences with racehorses as well as offering scholarships and creating and distributing educational materials related to harness racing.