Sign up or renew your WIHS membership for points to count toward the WIHS Championships
With the summer competition season officially underway, riders from all corners of the country are vying for a spot on the leaderboard of the Washington International Horse Show’s (WIHS) most coveted championships. The current WIHS rankings are available online HERE.
Don’t miss the chance to compete at the WIHS Championships! For points to count toward eligibility for the WIHS Championships, riders must be active WIHS members. Learn more and sign up or renew your membership here: www.wihs.org/membership. The qualifying period runs September 1, 2021–August 31, 2022.
The prestigious WIHS signature events will be held at the 64th Annual Washington International Horse Show presented by MARS Equestrian™. Making its welcomed return to the Washington D.C. area, WIHS will return to a traditional indoor venue at The Show Place Arena at Prince George’s Equestrian Center (PGEC) in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, October 24 through October 30. One of the world’s most celebrated horse shows, WIHS is a newly approved FEI five-star event with an expanded schedule, an additional day of competition, and the most prize money in the history of the event.
Qualifying classes for the WIHS championships are held at more than 650 horse shows throughout North America. Riders who earn the most points during the year are eligible to compete in the WIHS Championship Finals, which include the $10,000 WIHS Children’s Hunter Championship, $10,000 WIHS Children’s Jumper Championship, $10,000 WIHS Adult Hunter Championship, $10,000 WIHS Adult Jumper Championship, the WIHS Equitation Finals, and the WIHS Pony Equitation Finals presented by Huntland.
Current WIHS Championship Leaders
Congratulations to the top competitors in the WIHS rankings as of Friday, June 16. Rankings are updated weekly at https://wihs.org/wihs-rankings/ with the next update taking place on Friday, June 24:
- WIHS Equitation East Coast League: Luke Jensen, Denton, TX – 4,934 points
- WIHS Equitation West Coast League: Avery Glynn, Petaluma, CA – 2,360 points
- WIHS Pony Equitation: Elle Boyd, Camden, SC – 956 points
- WIHS Children’s Hunter: Prescott ridden by Barbara Closter, Fairfax, VA – 1,613 points
- WIHS Adult Hunter: Back in the Game ridden by Robin Schwartz, Brentwood, TN – 3,184 points
- WIHS Children’s Jumper: Just Noble ridden by Olivia Sweetnam, Wellington, FL – 4,859 points
- WIHS Adult Jumper: Everest De Muze ridden by Britta Stoeckel, Chicago, IL— 6,255 points
Check Your Points
Where do you stand? For the latest WIHS rankings, click here.
WIHS 2022 Highlights
Join us for WIHS 2022 with seven days and three nights of exciting competition and VIP hospitality! While WIHS has previously hosted FEI World Cup qualifying events, this year’s $406,000 Longines FEI Jumping World CupTM Washington CSI5*-W for the President’s Cup Grand Prix offers even more valuable points as top athletes from around the globe work toward the 2023 FEI Jumping World Cup Final at the CHI Health Center Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska, in April. In addition to Olympic-caliber competition, WIHS also features entertaining evening exhibitions, including the fan-favorite Barn Night on Thursday, October 27, plus community and charity events, promising to make this year’s show the best yet.
Live stream coverage of WIHS 2022 will be available throughout the week on USEF Network, with the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington, the Welcome Stake, and the Speed Final available only on FEI TV.
- WIHS Membership: https://www.wihs.org/membership/
- WIHS Rankings: https://wihs.org/wihs-rankings/
- Event Schedule: https://wihs.org/event-schedule/
- Travel and Hotel: https://wihs.org/travel-hotel/
- WIHS VIP Hospitality at PGEC: https://wihs.org/vip-tables/
- FAQ: https://wihs.org/faq/
- WIHS is offering an exclusive discount for exhibitors and partners at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, much reduced from public rates. This discounted rate is limited, so please visit https://book.passkey.com/go/HorseShowOct2022 to secure rooms. Learn more about the Gaylord, a Marriott Bonvoy property, here. You may also call +1 301-965-4000 to book your rooms.
About Washington International Horse Show
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America’s most prestigious, competitive, and entertaining equestrian events with competition for international, professional, amateur, junior and child riders. Highlights include the $406,000 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup, and the WIHS Equitation Finals and Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships, plus popular community, and charity events, like Kids’ Day and Barn Night. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. For more information, visit wihs.org.
Contact: Kara Pinato Scro | email@example.com
Images available on request