The Chronicle of the Horse, the oldest and most prestigious English equestrian publication in America, is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join our team as an Advertising Sales and Account Manager. This position focuses on driving revenue through COTH’s omnichannel advertising options throughout the equestrian industry. The ideal candidate possesses strong sales experience, excellent communication skills, and an equestrian background, preferably with roots in the hunter/jumper world.
This is a hybrid position – Candidates should be based in Wellington, Florida, for at least the winter months.
- Proactively identify and pursue sales prospects within assigned industry verticals and grow revenue from existing clientele with compelling sales arguments showcasing the benefits of advertising across COTH’s platforms.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients, understanding their needs and consulting on best options to achieve their goals.
- Prepare comprehensive proposal options and negotiate contracts to secure advertising campaigns, ensuring alignment with client objectives and KPIs and maximizing revenue potential.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop effective and creative campaigns and deliver exceptional client results.
- Sales: 2+ years sales experience
- Media: Strong understanding of digital media and marketing practices and social media trends
- Equestrian Expertise: In-depth understanding of the equestrian industry and target audience. Deep industry roots in the hunter/jumper world is a BIG PLUS
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver persuasive sales presentations and articulate the value of COTH’s portfolio of advertising solutions effectively.
- Self-Motivated: Self-starter and results driven with a proactive approach to sales, capable of working independently and managing time efficiently.
- Team Player: Strong collaboration skills, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Technically Proficient: Familiarity with digital advertising platforms, metrics, and online advertising trends. Experience with CRM software is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Parties interested in applying should send a resume and cover letter to Caitlin Calder at email@example.com
The Chronicle of the Horse is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
We realize there is no perfect candidate and encourage those with unique backgrounds who may not meet all the listed criteria to apply.